BSB42015 Certificate IV Leadership and Management
What is the course about?
Do you supervise people? This course is ideal if you are new to a supervisory or management role & need to build your leadership skills. Over a maximum of 24 months, this course focuses on teams & leadership, carrying out operational plans & Occupational health & safety.
Job titles may include: Coordinator, Leading Hand, Supervisor, & Team Leader.
What is it going to do for me?
This qualification will expand your knowledge & skills in the management of people in a wide range of organisations. At this level frontline managers provide leadership & guidance to others & take responsibility for the effective functioning & performance of the team & its work outcomes
You will be able to:
- communicate with team members & management to ensure open communication channels & to clarify issues
- resolve conflict & disputes in the work team
- demonstrate role model behaviour to other team members
- consult & develop objectives with the work team
- develop risk management approaches
- develop techniques to address faults & inefficiencies
- identify & developing opportunities for improved work practices
- monitor & adjusting operational performance by producing short-term plans, planning & acquiring resources & reporting on performance
- prepare work plans & budgets
- actively seek feedback on own performance from clients & colleagues
- prioritise tasks
- coaching & mentoring colleagues & team members to support the introduction of change
- using business technology such as computer programs & telecommunications to collect & manage information
How long is it going to take?
The course length is 24 months (2 years). But this can be shortened depending on your current skills which can go towards recognition of prior learning (RPL).
How is the qualification delivered?
If you are currently employed in an administration position, training can be delivered through a “Traineeship”. The trainers come to your workplace & use your practical work experience combined with on-line training material to help you achieve your certificate. Please note for this course you will need access to a computer and the internet.
If you are currently not employed, ARO can still help you. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What does the course contain?
- Total of 12 subjects for the completion of this course
- All units selected must contribute to & combine to form a work outcome
- 4 core units
- 4 units must be selected from Group A
- 4 units can be selected from Group A or B
- 1 unit may be selected from any current endorsed training package or accredited course at certificate IV level and above.
|BSBLDR401||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
ELECTIVE GROUP A
|BSBFIA402||Report on financial activity|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBLDR404||Lead diverse workforce|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
|BSBREL402||Build client relationships and business networks|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBFWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|TAEDEL404A||Mentor in the workplace|
ELECTIVE GROUP B
|BSBADM309||Coordinate business resources|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|BSBCOM406||Conduct work within a compliance framework|
|BSBCRT401||Articulate, present and debate ideas|
|BSBCUS401||Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
|BSBCUS403||Implement customer service standards|
|BSBINM401||Implement workplace information system|
|BSBINT401||Research international business opportunities|
|BSBIPR401||Use and respect copyright|
|BSBIPR403||Protect and use brands and business identity|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals|
|BSBMGT401||Show leadership in the workplace|
|BSBMGT404||Lead and facilitate off-site staff|
|BSBMGT407||Apply digital solutions to work processes|
|BSBMKG413||Promote products and services|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBRES401||Analyse and present research information|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
Horticultural , Arboriculture & Business
ARO is a registered training organisation #40056.
I have used ARO Educational Services for the last 3 years and from a small business owner I can only say how professional, helpful and patient they have been is assisting with training our staff over this time.Andrew Frazer, Frazer Gardens and Landscapes
Over 11 years experience with ARO from apprenticeship to Advanced Diploma. They gave all possible guidance & help. Their trainers were always readily accessible and the course was made to fit around my work. My study with ARO has been invaluable to my career.Barri Thomas, Hillside Herbs